Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat
  • 1 Post By rkenia852

contract questions, please help this clueless 'zoomer'

contract questions, please help this clueless 'zoomer'

tomorrow im going sign this 1 year contract as a baggage handler in the airport. Does that mean i can't leave for 1 year? What if i want to quit? What if the job isnt for me?

Quote Originally Posted by hiijxxn
    tomorrow im going sign this 1 year contract as a baggage handler in the airport. Does that mean i can't leave for 1 year? What if i want to quit? What if the job isnt for me?
    The details will be in the contract. There usually is a probationary period during which time you can either leave or they can fire you without notice. Afterwards you'll probably have to give 1 months notice or pay 1 months salary if you wanna leave. It's a job, not prison, of course you can leave.
    traineeinvestor and shri like this.

What if the job isnt for me?
    That's why read the contract paper carefully.

Many people (especially those working in areas/sector requiring manual labour) seem to ignore it, and then fall prey to employers' cunning tactics of exploiting their employees.

You need to read the contract - it should set out the terms on which either you or your employer can give notice to terminate your employment both during an initial probationary period and afterwards.

What if the job isnt for me?
    It is by no means an easy job, I imagine. Would you be able to find other jobs within HKIA if it isn't for you?

Not sure if the contract is with the airport or a 3rd party provider.
    biffski likes this.