Like Tree6Likes

Science Park - "Unofficial" / Unfranchised buses & other stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by aslan
    I worked there 5 years ago and loved it.

It was nice, quiet, clean and peaceful. Much nicer than working in Sheung Wan where I am now.

They have a swimming pool and gym which is cheap to use. You can walk by the sea or go for a bike ride during your lunch break.

5 years ago there weren’t many food options but I was happy with what we had. There are a lot more now.

It’s easy to get to places like TST or Mong Kok. There are regular busses to University station and minibuses to Shatin.

There should be plenty of taxis there.

I don’t know what the commute to Yuen Long is is like.

I miss working at the Science Park so much!
    Thanks for this, can I ask where did you commute from and how did you find it? And did you purposive lt have to move to that location because of working at science park

Doesn't answer the OP's question but the mini bus drivers are absolutely speed freaks. On the bus route I use sometimes, the drivers take curves as if the bus is a race car. Then drafting passenger cars around turns and on the straightaway all for no reason other than their own adrenaline rush. Almost always these guys are exceeding the speed limit and don't even care its flashing on the screen to passengers.The bus leans so much on turns and at such high speed you feel as it it will just rollover IMO.

272K to University MTR Station throughout the day.

Route 43P from Tsuen Wan West Station to Science Park might interest you given that you are on the West Rail.
    Departures in the morning from Tsuen Wan at these times:
    07:20、07:32、07:44、07:56、08:08、08:20
    And return journeys:
    17:55、18:05、18:15、18:27、18:39

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1
    Thanks for this, can I ask where did you commute from and how did you find it? And did you purposive lt have to move to that location because of working at science park
    When I worked at the Science Park I lived in Shenzhen and Shatin. It was an easy commute from both places.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    272K to University MTR Station throughout the day.

Route 43P from Tsuen Wan West Station to Science Park might interest you given that you are on the West Rail.
    Departures in the morning from Tsuen Wan at these times:
    07:20、07:32、07:44、07:56、08:08、08:20
    And return journeys:
    17:55、18:05、18:15、18:27、18:39
    Thanks for this, how about if I has to leave earlier? Ie. if I had a half day or had to catch a flight at the airport. Would I then have to take a taxi in this case

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1
    Thanks for this, how about if I has to leave earlier? Ie. if I had a half day or had to catch a flight at the airport. Would I then have to take a taxi in this case
    Yeah what I’ve noticed is that the place’s transport is really designed for strict work hours... taxi will have to do for the rest of the time lah.

I was about to say that an airport bus route does stop at Science Park but it turns out that it’s just one trip a day

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Yeah what I’ve noticed is that the place’s transport is really designed for strict work hours... taxi will have to do for the rest of the time lah.

I was about to say that an airport bus route does stop at Science Park but it turns out that it’s just one trip a day
    My goodness! As I quite often like to take Friday afternoon off, grab a quick flight and then return to office Tues afternoon. Are Ubers quite readily available should be no taxis during the daytime?

Taxis are plentiful midday- they run short at rush hour.

There are lots of minibuses which go to Shatin throughout the day. It takes just over five minutes. Shatin has airport busses you can take.

There are also lots of busses throughout the day which takes you to University MTR station.

The Science Park isn’t that bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2