Like Tree20Likes

Recommendation on bad review at previous job and find new job

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I wish. But, I can't.

Last edited by HKDesi; 28-03-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDesi:
    I wish. But, I can't.
    Why not?

I wish. But, I can't.
    Name:  rejection-quote-84.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  121.2 KB

If you feel that you were harrassed, you should file a complaint letter directly with Human Resources, and say that besides the negative experience you now also have now a bad record from the same party and you are considering legal counsel to rectify the injustice.

Mr Chips likes this.

I did inform HR and her (my boss) manager. I submitted 12 page documentary evidences. But, both knew she was lying and they sided her. This made her more angry and harassment continued after leaving the job. Another company was about to hire, they were provided bad feedback. It is frustrating experience of being jobless for over a year and family to support. That is the reason I decided to check with you all here.

Sorry to say but many loopholes in your story or you haven't put it enough in perspective..

I wish. But, I can't.
    ???

I submitted 12 page documentary evidences.
    Did you get vindictive there thinking you can get can prove her wrong or something??

This made her more angry and harassment continued after leaving the job.
    What kind of harassment? If its just providing bad reviews to prospective employers, any/most supervisor would do that if things went wrong (not sure how much wrong), thats hardly harrassment.

It is frustrating experience of being jobless for over a year and family to support.
    Really!! Are you the main bread earner in the family?

I think you may be assuming that that is the issue with unsuccessful applications. I work in internal hiring, with over 12 years experience in the field.

In your original post, OP, you mentioned you have proved yourself in 10 roles, but in how many firms have you worked for and in what length of time? For eg. 4 companies in 10 years, or 8 firms in 10 yrs, etc?

Secondly, there are many ways around a bad reference - you can always choose your referees and companies to offer as references. A future employer can request a certain employer (such as your most recent) but they cannot force you to do so. And even if they do, if it is a personal issue with your durect manager, you can work around this by getting the head of department to write a reference. Or in many hiring processes, 1 line manager and 1 co-worker (who didn't manage you but more team member) will be sufficient

Thirdly, you can always look for other banking jobs or diversify. Working for a big firm such as HSBC surely would open doors in other FI industries, no? Thinking out loud insurance, investment, EB

No, not being vindictive.

It is the official process to refute the performance review with supporting evidences.

Just followed the process.

You are insensitive and irrational because you don't understand the gravity of the situation and you are judging others. When your child is out of school you will understand. Please do not reply anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj:
    Sorry to say but many loopholes in your story or you haven't put it enough in perspective..

???

Did you get vindictive there thinking you can get can prove her wrong or something??

What kind of harassment? If its just providing bad reviews to prospective employers, any/most supervisor would do that if things went wrong (not sure how much wrong), thats hardly harrassment.

Really!! Are you the main bread earner in the family?

It is the official process to refute the performance review with supporting evidences.

You are insensitive and irrational because you don't understand the gravity of the situation and you are judging others. When your child is out of school you will understand. Please do not reply anymore.
    Right, I think I can see why you might have had issues with work relationships.

No point throwing your frustration here, i was just trying to say (with apology in advance) if you properly put things in perspective and bit more detail, people might be able to help you better, bits and pieces with no proper follow-up answer will lead you nowhere.. Anyway, upto you..
    jimbo likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast