Accepted, alternative to MPF, overseas retirement schemes?

Closed Thread

Accepted, alternative to MPF, overseas retirement schemes?

Ok, I have my own Limited company, one person one, work in Hong Kong physically. I'm the director and pay myself salary (director's fees). As such I need to do something about MPF. I rather do not want to retire in HK so I was trying to get myself an overseas retirement scheme to be exempted from paying MPF, but I have no bloody idea which overseas schemes will get me an exemption as there is absolutely zero documentation about this. If I pay voluntary contributions in UK for my state pension (as I am a UK citizen) or Poland ones (as I am a Polish citizen as well, have both PL and UK passports) then would that make me automatically exempted? I'm super confused about this. Please help.

You may take a look at the mpfa website

• people from overseas who enter Hong Kong for employment for not more than 13 months, or who are covered by overseas retirement schemes can be mpf exempt
    • or if they are in a ORSO scheme, which have granted mpf exemption certificate.

I suggest you should just do mpf , if you do self employed mpf it’s only 5% and you can pay it annually. When you leave hk , you can apply to get the money back.

If you want to know more , u can pm me

Quote Originally Posted by tkupczyk:
    Ok, I have my own Limited company, one person one, work in Hong Kong physically. I'm the director and pay myself salary (director's fees). As such I need to do something about MPF. I rather do not want to retire in HK so I was trying to get myself an overseas retirement scheme to be exempted from paying MPF, but I have no bloody idea which overseas schemes will get me an exemption as there is absolutely zero documentation about this. If I pay voluntary contributions in UK for my state pension (as I am a UK citizen) or Poland ones (as I am a Polish citizen as well, have both PL and UK passports) then would that make me automatically exempted? I'm super confused about this. Please help.
    Same here, how did you end up doing it, please update us.

I just wanna avoid paying pension to any government.

I rather take care of my own savings, invest them and get a better return than this governments underperforming pension funds. That don't even beat inflation.