Like Tree8Likes

Cyberport - Transportation / Sharing Cabs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cyberport - Transportation / Sharing Cabs

I work at Cyberport now and there isn't good public transport there to Kowloon (buses cannot go direct via Sassoon Road to city and minibuses from Baguio Villa are scarce with departure times difficult to predict) therefore I would like to see if taxi-pooling to Queen Mary Hospital (such that I can connect to buses there) is a possibility. It is impractical for me to use private transport because I don't always go the same route in both ways of commute (on some of the days my commute looks like a triangle with ONE leg involving unaffordable toll (WHC) that I must take a bus to get over it) Can anyone here recommend some popular taxi-pooling apps?

sharing a car with strangers? You're chasing a dream that doesn't exist in HK

shri likes this.

The #8 bus from Baguio to HKU is pretty good. As is the bus from Cyberport which runs to Kennedy Town through Sandy Bay (58?).

Also, if you're looking for a regular schedule (not frequent) the HR 42 from lower baguio goes to the KT MTR every 30 mins and seems to be generally empty all the time. Not sure about peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The #8 bus from Baguio to HKU is pretty good. As is the bus from Cyberport which runs to Kennedy Town through Sandy Bay (58?).

Also, if you're looking for a regular schedule (not frequent) the HR 42 from lower baguio goes to the KT MTR every 30 mins and seems to be generally empty all the time. Not sure about peak hours.
    The 58 is always full at peak hours - can't even get on after 5 minibuses passing at the worst case. Sometimes my destination after work is the HKU Sandy Bay sports centre which it is the only choice and waited for 20 minutes for a 2-minute trip. Moreover the bus (904) which brings me from Kennedy Town to Kowloon is also scarce, given the uncertainly of getting on the 58 to catch 904 in time, I'm wary of using this method.

I tried the 8X / HR42 minibus a few times before. The 8X minibus is the best choice to get to Central the quickest (15 minutes direct to Central from Baguio Villa) but does not seem to have a fix schedule and, in the few times I tried it, I waited for more than 15 minutes before one came. Yesterday I tried again but the HR42 departed 4 minutes early so I doubt its accuracy again.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    sharing a car with strangers? You're chasing a dream that doesn't exist in HK
    Isn't carpooling a common practice around the world?

From where in Kowloon? Is going to Central then taking the 30X Exchange Square-Cyberport circular an option?

Any of the tenant buses useful?
    https://www.cyberport.hk/files/getti...Service_en.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:

Isn't carpooling a common practice around the world?
    Get someone at Cyberport to write a socially distanced car pooling app?
    rkenia852 likes this.

Get someone at Cyberport to write a socially distanced car pooling app?
    Better still, propose your own car pooling app, apply to incubate at Cyberport. Take the tax payer's cash (after the Cyberport have had their cut) for "free" offices, services (including applying for more "free" cash), burn what you can get, then rinse and repeat
    tf19, MABinPengChau and rkenia852 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    From where in Kowloon? Is going to Central then taking the 30X Exchange Square-Cyberport circular an option?

Any of the tenant buses useful?
    https://www.cyberport.hk/files/getti...Service_en.pdf
    They are both valid options but they do not cover all possible times for me off work. Most of the days I go to Mong Kok after work so the Olympic bus is good, but the one after 18:25 is 19:05 so there is a huge gap between. The 30X is similar that the headway is 20 minutes which may incur a long waiting time if my time off work that day does not match it.

On some of the days I go to NT West after work. In such cases the tenant bus isn't even an option because the Mei Foo bus departs too early (sometimes before I leave work).

If I can get to Queen Mary Hospital direct (which is less than 2 km from Cyberport) I can have the most direct way everywhere.

@Michael Tsang - we had an office in Cyberport about 15 years ago .... had the same issues.

Might be easier for you to find a new job than solve the transport issues at Cyberport.

OR... just get with the program and give up on minute by minute precision and buy yourself a kindle / read a book.

@Michael Tsang - we had an office in Cyberport about 15 years ago .... had the same issues.

Might be easier for you to find a new job than solve the transport issues at Cyberport.

OR... just get with the program and give up on minute by minute precision and buy yourself a kindle / read a book.
    I definitely wouldn't apply the job if it was at Cyberport right at the beginning.

However, I started the job with the office at Sai Ying Pun. and relocated to Cyberport due to inadequate office space in the original place. I'm planning to leave the job at contract maturity which is about half a year later, and find a new job afterwards. The unavailability of direct public transport through Sassoon Road and the inability to use private transport are pissing me off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast