Like Tree9Likes

Who are non-permanent residents in HongKong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Who are non-permanent residents in HongKong?

What type of visa holders are non permanent residents in HongKong? (i.e GEP, QMAS)?
    I've read from SCMP also non-permanent resident are entitled for the 10,000HKD cash handout.

Deleted

Nah, unfortunately it's only for hk pr

You Either read some fake news or you need to improve your English comprehension skills.
    Paste the link you read for us to comment any further

This

Name:  Screenshot_20200619_092244_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  681.9 KB

This

Its because they can apply up to 31 March 2021 so currently people who are not currently permanent residents that arrived in Q3 and 4 2012 and Q1 2013 will be (potentially) permanent residents by the time the deadline arrives.

I think thats what he's getting at.

In general, policies like this are to buy votes (although it's veiled as economic stimulus). $10000 isn't going to last very long, especially to people who have lost their job. It does, however improve many recipients of the money's perception of the government. Especially since there is a big election coming up.

This is the main reason that the handout is for (current and soon-to-be) PR only. Otherwise it would have been given as a rebate, like it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong_Great:
    What type of visa holders are non permanent residents in HongKong? (i.e GEP, QMAS)?
    I've read from SCMP also non-permanent resident are entitled for the 10,000HKD cash handout.
    If the non-residents were also included, the money vault of HK Govt would go empty.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast