Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MABinPengChau

(GEP work visa) the proposed date for extension of stay

Closed Thread

(GEP work visa) the proposed date for extension of stay

Hello,

is anyone here had renewed a visa under GEP scheme with a short-contract period?

I am currently on a GEP visa and the 2 year visa is soon to expire next month.

My contract term is 1-year, ending this October. Is it a must to input the end date of my contract (Oct 2020) as the proposed date of extension ? If this is the case, then I'll be renewing only for 2 months.

I am tempted to put in at least a year or two. Do you think filling in a date beyond a contract date is a possibility?

Many thanks for reading this!

I just renewed and put in three years as the date but haven't picked it up yet-normally, after the two-year you get a three-year- now, my passport was expiring when I first applied so I got a six month extension, now I just applied and stuck in the three-year date- will see when I pick it up in a week.

I would definitely do a three-year application, worst that they would do is give you less- but pretty sure you will get the three-year.

I just did mine last week and due to coronavirus have to go back to pick it up- they don't want people hanging around. Also, it was PACKED with people looking for every kind of extension as no one wants to return to his or her respective coronavirus-infested hell-hole of a birth country (I am from the US and if I were in HK on a tourist visa, would definitely be applying for an extension these days). Was a bit of a feeling of desperation and lots of screaming babies and such (who can sense when their parents are feeling stressed). Hard to even get a seat. Not the usual, more pleasant and efficient experience of the past.

TaD_LaLa and Taihanggirl like this.

Thanks I pluck up the courage to go for a two-year extension. (I think 3-year is asking too much given my contract is short)

Will submit mine tomorrow, and see how it goes...

Thank you for the input !