Unlimited hours contract, senior

Closed Thread

Unlimited hours contract, senior

Hi
    In regards to work hours my contract only stipulate: will work as is required to fulfill the role.
    Then again quite senior position so Im aware the role demands time and I love my work. Just surprised because never seen this in writing, usual?

Quote Originally Posted by lowrow:
    Hi
    In regards to work hours my contract only stipulate: will work as is required to fulfill the role.
    Then again quite senior position so Im aware the role demands time and I love my work. Just surprised because never seen this in writing, usual?
    I thought it was standard in senior positions. Even if hours are given they are usually meaningless. I had one job where we had a "sunrise meeting" before everyone else got to work and a "sunset meeting" when everyone else knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I thought it was standard in senior positions. Even if hours are given they are usually meaningless. I had one job where we had a "sunrise meeting" before everyone else got to work and a "sunset meeting" when everyone else knocked off.
    Haha, and then 'fun afterwork' with all management , where 99% of the discussions are about work for 6 hours.

Even with senior positions, they would have stipulated "work hours" which are normally just the office opening hours. Overtime or whatever is accepted in senior positions unless you want to be seen as irresponsible or slacking.

So i'm not sure why this contract would just miss it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Even with senior positions, they would have stipulated "work hours" which are normally just the office opening hours. Overtime or whatever is accepted in senior positions unless you want to be seen as irresponsible or slacking.

So i'm not sure why this contract would just miss it out.
    I have never seen a senior position contract that stipulated work hours. I haven't seen many though.