Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hiinamee
  • 1 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau

how do i get a gardening job?

Closed Thread

how do i get a gardening job?

how do i get a gardening assistant job? part time preferably. I saw a job ad long time ago but that was the only ad about gardening but i wasn't interested back then and they seem pretty rare. Is there any website or places to go to check for job availability. thanks

Do you speak canto?

i do

Are you free to work in Hong Kong? Why gardening?
    How much are you looking to make per hour?

Are you interested in working for yourself or do you want an employer?

Not sure of any specific networks but have you tried the HKG government site? A search of the site yielded these listings:

https://www2.jobs.gov.hk/1/0/WebForm...archFor=simple

Also, there was a job listed under domestic helpers on this site a few days ago looking for someone that can do farming/gardening. Sorry, I mean no offense by referencing this (as I do not know your background) but suggesting as maybe a potential lead if they have an opportunity, if not this, more suitable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Are you free to work in Hong Kong? Why gardening?
    How much are you looking to make per hour?

Are you interested in working for yourself or do you want an employer?
    perm resident looking for part time. expecting 50-60 per hr. why gardening? cuz i want to work with nature and recently developed an interest to gardening. im looking for an employer
    Elegiaque and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hiinamee:
    perm resident looking for part time. expecting 50-60 per hr. why gardening? cuz i want to work with nature and recently developed an interest to gardening. im looking for an employer
    Well back in Australia gardeners or lawn mowers are big business - you could start a pretty good business for yourself here with minimal effort i imagine - yard clearing , pruning, landscaping, grass cu
    tting , tree planting etc .

I grew up doing all that sort of stuff back home and still miss a lot of it-especially my fruit (tree) block .

I am professionally employed now but i did toy with the idea to do a bit of this type of work for extra cash if i ever retired and was still storng enough. Just do a letter box drop, get some kit and youre set.

@hiinamee that is a fairly low hourly rate you're suggesting. I sent you a private message with some suggestions for how you can get in touch with desperate gardeners who would like some extra help. Hope this helps! If you work independently (self-employed), I think you'd be quite booked up if you networked in the areas with lots of gardens (Sai Kung, Lantau).

Good luck. I also think about pursuing the gardener career sometimes...

hongkong7 likes this.

Unpaid, but Kadoorie farm needs volunteers. Might lead to paid openings.

https://www.kfbg.org/en/volunteer

On Hello Toby and such I think you can advertise your services...some places like Lantau people have gardens...I had one in Peng Chau and had to buy a weed whacker to mow my lawn...

hongkong7 likes this.