View Poll Results: Does your work make you use leave for quarantine?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

7 63.64%
  • I don't know

3 27.27%
Like Tree47Likes

Does your work make you take leave for quarantine after a personal trip?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Ouch. I guess everyone will be having a fabulous staycation in Hong Kong. Time to head to Ocean Park if that is open again...
    Yes Ocean Park is open, been twice already
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Yes, but I am saying let's get on with life and not say "ohhh, you cannot go work in the Maldives for 6 months -- what an atrocity!!!" and realize that we're stuck in this city; we're working from home; this is a city with some of the best high speed internet and 5G networks. We can know perfectly well what the tax or license limitations are for our specific jobs.

So STOP with the excuses -- both the comments and the employers. The reality is that we're here and we can work just fine from a hotel as well as home, and by allowing employees to do so, that may be the only way we can see family or take a break from this city after years. There is NO NEED for this blanket ban on working from a hotel quarantine, as my employer has done.

Employers need to stop having a blanket "Oh heaven forbid, I demand you're here 100%!" attitude as if it's 2018! What if what if what if... what if for once they just said their rules need to be treated flexibly, that the notion of "leave" takes on a whole new meaning now, and we can realize we have a brain to solve the potential issues... what if!!!

And in the first place, the whole 3 week thing is so blown out of proportion, too...
    I'm guessing you've already pushed back with all these reasons with your employer?

Maybe Hong Kong should introduce long service leave. This is a uniquely Australian entitlement, introduced in the 1860's so that European settlers in Australia could sail home to England after 10 years of service, have a holiday, then sail back to Australia and be able to resume their positions after 3 or 4 months of sailing.

Section 37 of the Victorian Public Service Act of 1862 reads: "Where any officer desires to visit Europe or some other distant country if he have continued in the civil service of the colony at least ten years and have not been reduced for misconduct or deprived of leave of absence under this Act the Governor in council may grant to him leave of absence upon half-salary for a period not exceeding twelve months but for such period of absence such officer shall not be entitled to receive any annual increment".

Australian's are lazy fuckers, even to this day this entitlement still exists, even though it has no practical purpose any more. Anything to get an extra long holiday .

Jillypots likes this.