Like Tree4Likes

Nursery/Preschool teacher

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You won't have an issue finding a job once you are physically in Hong Kong! Timing is everything and it seems they are hiring now for the next school year.

I am talking about schools that are not under the EDB scheme. If you are on a dependent VISA it will make the process a lot easier. Some schools require your degree to be accredited but the process is fairly simple.

I suggest getting a TEFL certificate (any online course) just to add a bit extra to your CV. It is a requirement for many schools (although a TEFL itself is useless).

You are well qualified. 25k is the average salary, 30k+ is the on the high end. Just be sure to find a school that is not business focused!

Feel free to PM me if you need some more help

ChloeNZ likes this.

Thanks so much! If we get through to the next interview and he’s offered the job I will definitely message you

Do you recommend any particular TEFL course? I have looked online and see that there are a lot of them out there, and the price range is anywhere from $100- $1400 which is a massive span!

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    You won't have an issue finding a job once you are physically in Hong Kong! Timing is everything and it seems they are hiring now for the next school year.

I am talking about schools that are not under the EDB scheme. If you are on a dependent VISA it will make the process a lot easier. Some schools require your degree to be accredited but the process is fairly simple.

I suggest getting a TEFL certificate (any online course) just to add a bit extra to your CV. It is a requirement for many schools (although a TEFL itself is useless).

You are well qualified. 25k is the average salary, 30k+ is the on the high end. Just be sure to find a school that is not business focused!

Feel free to PM me if you need some more help
    I was earning 30K as a part time teacher in a fairly average secondary school. I think a decent international kindergarten will pay well above that. I'd be expecting more in the 40K range.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I was earning 30K as a part time teacher in a fairly average secondary school. I think a decent international kindergarten will pay well above that. I'd be expecting more in the 40K range.
    You'd be surprised for the majority of Kindergartens.

But I have a few friends earning what you expected in a decent Kindergarten in Kowloon. That being said, the higher the education, the more you get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeNZ:
    Do you recommend any particular TEFL course? I have looked online and see that there are a lot of them out there, and the price range is anywhere from $100- $1400 which is a massive span!
    I did mine with TeflAcademy, more on the pricey end. https://www.theteflacademy.com/online-tefl-course

Though I know someone who did a $10 TESOL one and worked fine for a VISA!