Like Tree3Likes

Compliance - Salary Range?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was also paying low 30s for someone with 3-4y experience. Then again it depends a lot on the bonus structure, we had no bonuses. Whereas where he came from he was making low 20s but had a very high bonus.

Its hard to say though around the 5-6-7y experience range things start to diverge quite a lot depending on performance. Someone very good would be able to take a step up after 6y and could make 50-60-70k as well. Myself I was placed in such a position after just 5y work experience and thats how I ended up in Hong Kong.

Srashes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I think it's generally more... My analysts are already making 33k. They are only 3 to 4 years exp
    Yes my initial research got me to around 50k+ but these data were a few years old. I will be going in for negotiations this week or early next week so will see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    Yes my initial research got me to around 50k+ but these data were a few years old. I will be going in for negotiations this week or early next week so will see how things go.
    Normally in HK they will go much more on what your previous salary was as a starting point. So if you made 40k in your previous job you wouldn't be offered 40k again.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Normally in HK they will go much more on what your previous salary was as a starting point. So if you made 40k in your previous job you wouldn't be offered 40k again.
    This is what happened in the end - Suffice to say I wish past salary wasn't used as a baseline but I like the role/company

This is what happened in the end - Suffice to say I wish past salary wasn't used as a baseline but I like the role/company
    That said a lot of people seem to be able to get 20-30% salary increases when they move. I take it you were on a low salary then before and you hoped you could do a huge jump ?

Since we helped you, now you can educate us, how much did the pay you?

That said a lot of people seem to be able to get 20-30% salary increases when they move. I take it you were on a low salary then before and you hoped you could do a huge jump ?

Since we helped you, now you can educate us, how much did the pay you?
    They haven't paid me anything yet. I hope this helps

My compensation is slightly complex as I get a stake in the company.

They haven't paid me anything yet. I hope this helps
    I got the impression it was finalized?

I got the impression it was finalized?
    Nope. I ended up getting a number less than what I am paid now but with equity hence still negotiating.

Edit: They used my existing salary as a baseline and complicated the whole thing with equities.

if it is a new startup type of company paying with equity, then you had better be very comfortable with their business model and the equity stake really can make it worth while if the business succeed. depending on whether they are well funded, generally alot of start up pays quite alot more for the 'supporting' type of guys that they need to provide the services.. (e.g. back office, risk control, etc), since their starting partners tend to be on the marketing and business development sides.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    if it is a new startup type of company paying with equity, then you had better be very comfortable with their business model and the equity stake really can make it worth while if the business succeed. depending on whether they are well funded, generally alot of start up pays quite alot more for the 'supporting' type of guys that they need to provide the services.. (e.g. back office, risk control, etc), since their starting partners tend to be on the marketing and business development sides.
    Thanks for the input. Yes, currently negotiating and getting a better view of my package. I believe in the business and I use their products myself however evaluating if it is worthwhile taking a monthly pay cut while potentially having the upside of having equity.