Like Tree10Likes

Visa Extension Fees

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    you said "we", are you HR of any company ? are you not foreigner ?
    we as in the company i work for and I m a Foreigner but dont need a visa as I have PR but still considered a bloody foreigner by unknown locals
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

My company also have same story, mostly left and company hired local guy as replacement, I don't know why but they are not interested in hiring foreigners.

I feel alone.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    we as in the company i work for and I m a Foreigner but dont need a visa as I have PR but still considered a bloody foreigner by unknown locals

My company also have same story, mostly left and company hired local guy as replacement, I don't know why but they are not interested in hiring foreigners.

I feel alone.
    Cost saving is the MAIN reason especially if the FOREIGN employee has family n kids which the company has to pay for rental / schooling / home return holiday flights yearly etc it all adds up $$$$ why pay so much when a local person whos salary will be lower than the Foreigner can sort of do the same job but cost a HELL OF LOT LESS!!!
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

I don't know which company giving rental / schooling / home return holiday flights until employee is management level which is not the case most of time.
    Foreigners salary is preety much same as local and several times it is even less if guys just arrive in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Cost saving is the MAIN reason especially if the FOREIGN employee has family n kids which the company has to pay for rental / schooling / home return holiday flights yearly etc it all adds up $$$$ why pay so much when a local person whos salary will be lower than the Foreigner can sort of do the same job but cost a HELL OF LOT LESS!!!

Foreigners salary is preety much same as local and several times it is even less if guys just arrive in HK.
    Interesting, what industry are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    This is pretty much standard now because there are plenty of cheap expats, especially from mainland Europe, and general decolonisation.
    ndt likes this.

I am talking about IT, not sure about any other industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    ndt likes this.

I don't know which company giving rental / schooling / home return holiday flights until employee is management level which is not the case most of time.

then the reason is simple.. they can't stand their employee going online to complain about them not paying the visa extension fees so they kicked out all the foreigners!!
    chuckster007 likes this.