Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tf19

IT certifications - Anyone familiar with CompTia certs., accepted in Hong Kong?!

Closed Thread

IT certifications - Anyone familiar with CompTia certs., accepted in Hong Kong?!

Hi everyone,

What are the courses available in Hong Kong for someone who is interested to get into infosec. What I got on my own research is CompTia certs like A+ as in entry to IT jobs. what are HK equivalents, I heard there are courses which can be broken into 4 months theory and 2 months internship totally 6 months of course to get hand on experience which I am afraid Comptia cannot provide since it is an online platform.

any leads will be appreciated it.

I think a better route would be to apply to something similar to FDM group where you'll get both classroom and on the job training as well as help with placement after 'graduation'. I've worked with and hired quite a number of FDM graduates and they usually have a pretty solid foundation of experience / knowledge.

Also to be held in any sort of regard in the cyber industry, you'll need to have your CISSP at a minimum. TOGAF and an Azure or AWS security cert would also be helpful.

jgl and mokhi6 like this.