Like Tree11Likes

HSBC Background Verification for contract role - Employment gaps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

don't worry, if its a contract role and you've clearly informed during the interview.
    Contract roles do not have as much rigorous vetting as permanent. Unless the hiring manager select "strict" vetting.

I have numerous gaps of 6 months to a year in my CV. Never been an issue in subsequent applications and I personally wouldn't worry about it. Never had anything to do with HSBC though, admittedly.

Having gaps doesn't matter, but having gaps and reporting it as employed during that gap period of time might matter if the hirer is not keen in digging into details.

Quote Originally Posted by tysa:
    Thanks !
    Yes I have started the communication with them and conveyed this to the recruiting company (since it is a contract role)
    They have assured me that it isn't a big deal but I am not taking any chances. On my CV I will just write "Freelance" without mentioning any company. That way I can avoid further scrutiny. Otherwise I can just leave it out, put it as a gap.
    I am not worried about performance reviews as I think I have always left on good terms but the dates can be wildly incorrect if the ~8 month period was mentioned as employed.

Never expected to be in this kind of situation when I took this freelance deal. I thought it was great cause it gave me freedom. Now it's giving me a headache and horrible dreams..
    If you haven't worked during a period, fine - just say that. If you write "freelance", then FADV WILL question it and ask for proof (eg contracts, proof of invoice etc). Keep it simple for yourself.

any idea how contract roles are viewed and the vetting process? do they need to seek reference from the manager from the contract position?

does anyone know at what point in the interview process / offer process do they ask you to provide references? if you have been working mainly as a contract position on short term projects(1 year) , do they nornally call HR / your previous recruiter / or your supervisor for the contract position to get reference? and what would they ask? i am nearing the end of the interview stage and i think they will give an offer soon. but not sure if the supervisor will have anything nice to say. the current project and team is a mess. and hence the reason why i am looking to switch jobs. the new job is a permament position.

HSBC..

Sorry.. I don't have any info about what you're asking but wanted to ask you if they still make ppl take that 13 question "personality test" at the start of interview/recruitment process..

I think it was introduced after the whole 2008 credit crash.. questions like if you had to do something at work and a special situation arose would you wait and get sign off, discuss w others or answer to best of knowledge etc that type of stuff.. mcq but just 3 choices.

I actually failed this twice. Mcq 3 choices. I am def not their employee 😂

Quote Originally Posted by cccyung:
    the current project and team is a mess. and hence the reason why i am looking to switch jobs. the new job is a permament position.
    As long as they can confirm your working dates and position that would be no problem. I've switched to bank after quite a mess too.

does anyone know anything about the "
    Hong Kong – Authorised Institutions To Implement The New Mandatory Reference Checking Scheme By May 2023.". whats this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by GotIt:
    As long as they can confirm your working dates and position that would be no problem. I've switched to bank after quite a mess too.
    do they not need to call the reference to ask for performance?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4