Like Tree39Likes

Salary Hike

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Thanks for suggestion but I don't think my old company can offer me any hike as I am already having lot of salary as per them

If I lie and future company takes the offer off the table then it will problem.

Increase AL, I think they can't increase as it's policy basis and same for everyone.
    I think you have just answered your own question. You accept what you are happy to accept, take the risk where you are prepared to take the risk. It's called negotiating.

It's a bit of a shame you dont feel comfortable lying and cheating. These are core skillsets that is important to have if you want to make it in Hong Kong!

Also just fyi, smiley face on end of sentence = joke
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    How much money I can adjust for these extra benefits ?

I am so much confused, I don't want to end up below than I deserve and less than market.

Thanks in advance
    Since its friday, let me try something..

1) 3 days extra AL - Simple math for an IT guy - Monthly salary / No. of Working days * 3 = Montetary value of extra ALs
    2) Cost of insurance for wife + Plus kid (if any), get estimate from insurance platforms/agents
    3) Total Extra earning is 1) + 2)
    4) $100 current salary - 21% hike will lead to $121 and 25% will be $125 - The difference is $4 * 12 = Total yearly difference
    5) Do 4) - 3) and see how much is the difference..

Not so much confusing..

6) Design metrics to convert value of happiness/sastisfaction/security of non-monetary benifits into monterary terms and add it to 21%, now that is bit confusing..
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    6) Design metrics to convert value of happiness/sastisfaction/security of non-monetary benifits into monterary terms and add it to 21%, now that is bit confusing..
    Throw in HKDINR conversion rates and inflationary costs of retirement ... and wealth destruction from having kids... (Looking back at that thread about retiring in India..)
    ndt likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Pretty fkn good dilemma to have, I'd say..
    aw451, Cornmeal and hike like this.

Original Post Deleted
    How about you just finish the whole hike you lazy git.
    hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Throw in HKDINR conversion rates and inflationary costs of retirement ... and wealth destruction from having kids... (Looking back at that thread about retiring in India..)
    to do that you have to also add in the contingent of a new NRI prime minister taking over downing street 10 and the impact it can have on pay of other similar NRI executives in the world especially in this very pro-UK hk...