Like Tree43Likes

Company postponing joining date

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah nah dont fight with the new company. Fight with the old company, just tell them you'll work an extra 4 days to complete handover tasks and shit. Dont ask, just tell them.

But then since you got a massive salary hike at new company (according to hike thread), this is still going to cost you 4 days at difference between two salaries so you are still up shit creek, not much you can do about it, just keep whinging on geo and take comfort in knowing that your life experiences do provide some entertaining reading for us here

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Yeah nah dont fight with the new company. Fight with the old company, just tell them you'll work an extra 4 days to complete handover tasks and shit. Dont ask, just tell them.
    That's good idea but as immigration did the visa transfer to the new company starting from 23rd then I don't know current company allow me to work after 23rd or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tura:
    Why not just chill...go to beach....take a break...Enjoy two days of being jobless
    Everyone KNOWS the beaches are where you go to get COVID! Go somewhere safe, like a restaurant with 5 of your friends...
    north2 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Good grief, if my daughter was reading this she would say take a chill pill, no take 2

HK_Katherine likes this.

Burnt toast anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by meinhkhk:
    Good grief, if my daughter was reading this she would say take a chill pill, no take 2
    Pakistan flooded, Ukraine a war zone, droughts, fires, Taiwan, inflation - but what is really important is having to take two days unpaid holiday.

I would recommend to tell them to go "stuff it". Robbing you of two days pay, totally unacceptable. With an attitude like that you will have no problem whatsoever to get another employer. I am sure many of us here would do anything to welcome you in our teams. Also recommend you file against them in the small claims court for damages.

Ask them to pay you in frozen chapatis

just stay in your job for four extra days after you resign

Unfortunately the OP is highlighting the new mindset of workers at the moment. It's all "me me me" and no clue how to balance their own and the organisations needs. Probably your new boss is away, or the desk has not been delivered yet, or the computer etc etc. It's not about you. But organisations are bending over backwards right now to accomodate these a$$holes. Give it a year or two once the labour crunch is over and all the Asians who actually want jobs flood into places, these guys will be on the bench for more than 2 days.