Like Tree7Likes

Sick leave while outside HK during annual leave

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sick leave while outside HK during annual leave

Our HR told me that my sick leave certificate for few days is invalid because it was issued by a doctor not registered/licensed in HK? What can I do? Are there any law about this? It is mentioned in our company's sick leave policy that the doctor should be registered in HK. Thanks.

Edit: Sick leave after annual leave (can't go back to HK because I'm sick)

Last edited by djtron99; 21-04-2023 at 11:24 AM.

I thought if you are sick during annual leave, well you are just sick during your holiday???

hullexile and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I thought if you are sick during annual leave, well you are just sick during your holiday???
    Sorry, sick leave just after the annual leave. I can't go back to HK to get medical certificate as I unable to.

Sounds like one of those scenarios in the 3rd level of bureaucratic hell.

Just see an eDoctor. Watsons do for $368. But your HR sounds like an idiot.

https://www.watsons.com.hk/en/watson...oaAk2EEALw_wcB

pin, emx and PKS_2000 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by djtron99:
    Sorry, sick leave just after the annual leave. I can't go back to HK to get medical certificate as I unable to.
    Ah understand. OK they are just being difficult and clearly in their mind computer says no.

Why don't you just do a teleconsult with a doctor in HK and then get the sick note that way?

Welcome to HK?

Our HR (in a large public organisation) required that the overseas sick leave certificate for a colleague was 'certified' (or something like this) by a local clinic before the sick leave application could be approved. It sounded like typical HK bureaucracy but we were able to get the certification done quite easily and the sick leave could be approved. I guess what you can do, once you are back in Hong Kong, is go to your local doctor / clinic and ask them if they can write a covering letter which agrees to the original sick leave letter. Then present that to your HR.

Edit - the video doctor seems a good option.

Ah understand. OK they are just being difficult and clearly in their mind computer says no.

Why don't you just do a teleconsult with a doctor in HK and then get the sick note that way?

Welcome to HK?
    Thanks, I already came back here and submitted my sick leave with a medical certificate by a non-HK registered doctor .

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Our HR (in a large public organisation) required that the overseas sick leave certificate for a colleague was 'certified' (or something like this) by a local clinic before the sick leave application could be approved. It sounded like typical HK bureaucracy but we were able to get the certification done quite easily and the sick leave could be approved. I guess what you can do, once you are back in Hong Kong, is go to your local doctor / clinic and ask them if they can write a covering letter which agrees to the original sick leave letter. Then present that to your HR.

Edit - the video doctor seems a good option.
    Unfortunately, I already came back here and submitted my sick leave with a medical certificate by a non-HK registered doctor .
    During my sickeness, I have sent an email the hospital authority and HK private doctors the availability of the anti-rabies vaccine in HK because I was got bitten by a dog and can't walk properly. The private doctor stated that the particular vaccine for my 3rd and final dose is not available and only another vaccine is available.

Anyway, can I still ge a sick leave certificate from the private doctor retrospectively? Is it better on the private doctor I've contacted to? I have proof of my wound by photos on my phone.

Welcome to HK?
    Unfortunately, I already came back here and submitted my sick leave with a medical certificate by a non-HK registered doctor .
    During my sickeness, I have sent an email the hospital authority and HK private doctors the availability of the anti-rabies vaccine in HK because I was got bitten by a dog and can't walk properly. The private doctor stated that the particular vaccine for my 3rd and final dose is not available and only another vaccine is available.

Anyway, can I still ge a sick leave certificate from the private doctor retrospectively? Is it better on the private doctor I've contacted to? I have proof of my wound by photos on my phone.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast