Minimum Wage for full-time staff

Minimum Wage for full-time staff

A family member of mine moved to HK and they were asking me to review their contract to see if it's legal. They are only working for experience so the compensation doesn't have a huge factor but I still want to know if it is illegal. Details as follows:

Compensation: $10K
    Industry: Medical (They are licensed medical professional overseas and working towards a local license. Taking a job below their qualification in the meantime as it takes ~2 years to get license assuming first attempt pass)
    Working hours: 9 hours a day

The weird part: Expected to work every day (Mon - Sun) with 2 days off every month + Public Holidays. This comes to about $38/hour -- Isn't this against minimum wage laws or does that only apply to part-timers?

Minimum wage is $40/hour. Are you sure they have to work Sunday? Every Sunday is a public holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    A family member of mine moved to HK and they were asking me to review their contract to see if it's legal. They are only working for experience so the compensation doesn't have a huge factor but I still want to know if it is illegal. Details as follows:

Compensation: $10K
    Industry: Medical (They are licensed medical professional overseas and working towards a local license. Taking a job below their qualification in the meantime as it takes ~2 years to get license assuming first attempt pass)
    Working hours: 9 hours a day

The weird part: Expected to work every day (Mon - Sun) with 2 days off every month + Public Holidays. This comes to about $38/hour -- Isn't this against minimum wage laws or does that only apply to part-timers?
    man i am amazed for how many ppl doesn’t know about hk rules and regulation. Then ppl complain about situations like this.

it’s illegal in Hong Kong to not provide rest day in 7 working days. You can sue company and get $$$ or get them in trouble legally.
    let me guess the company in question is Indians or Bangladeshis. These are the ppl who fxcking take advantage of their own kind.
    lol.

Rest days unlike statutory holidays can be traded for pay. The employees are entitled for 1 rest day every 7 days worked and whether it can be converted to a paid working day is between employer and employee.. Seems the below case, 2 rest days are paid for.
    Also whether your rest days and meal breaks are paid or not paid is also upto discretion of the employer.