Work . . . in the environmental field?

Closed Thread

Work . . . in the environmental field?

Hello All,

I'm looking for advice/help on networking to find a job in the environmental fields. My wife is working at a local university as a researcher (US citizen) and I am joining her shortly.

My undergrad degree is in biology/ecology and my master’s is in limnology. I have 5 years of work experience and technical skills in GIS, water quality modeling, and environmental compliance. Most of my work has been for the government (out of the question in Hong Kong). It seems that I should look for work at an environmental consulting firm. I have no idea what the job market is like at present. We are here for the next several years so I think it is important to work within my field. Does anyone have any suggestions as where I should direct my search?

I’m just looking to get headed in the right direction. If anyone else works in the environmental field would you be willing to share your experience finding work? Thanks for your help.

You could try Testing Labs in HK, Bureau Veritas, SGS, ITS etc. they all do environmental testing, that option you could explore.

I'm not really an analytical chemist or qualified to work on a lot of instrumentation. But I'll give them a look. Thanks.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Here is a link to the Environmental Protection Department's (government dept) full list of environmental consultants in Hong Kong. Perhaps this may be of some help...
    http://www.epd.gov.hk/epd/english/bu.../full_list.pdf

you could also take a look at MacaoWater in Macao (part of suez environment - HO in HK)

http://www.macaowater.com/index.asp