Tax and related question

  1. #1

    Tax and related question


    I am going to pay my tax as i am leaving Hong Kong shortly. As i come to know there are tax relief of 75% taken place, if such case happens to be will the tax already paid will be returned?
    can any one let me know

    or after the budget is released can i pay from my home country using the account i have here and pay it off with deduction applied?

    Please help


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hong Kong

    The tax relief has a cap on it at $25,000. Yes, if you have overpaid tax then it will be returned to you when you leave. The forthcoming budget is irrelevant if you leave before 31 March since it relates solely to the tax year 2009/10 onwards.

    The rules on taxpayers leaving Hong Kong are here: Taxpayer who is about to leave Hong Kong

  3. #3

    Thanks a lot