Anyone want to hire me?

Closed Thread

Anyone want to hire me?

Hons. BA student from University of Toronto specializing in Political Science and Economics hoping to land ANY entry level job in HK. I have nine years of financial service experience (I started very young) and an enthusiastic attitude towards the possibility of leaving Canada for a little while.

I know the job market right now is slow. I'm not looking for any high paying jobs. Just a job that can allow me to pack my bags and explore.

Help?

What is the priority to leave Canada for a little while or to get a job? Would you go if you cannot do both?

Do you have a HKID card?

Did you try establishing a LinkedIn Profile and including all the industry 'key words' in your profile?

well i just quit my job. so i'm officially unemployed so... asia here i come!

no i don't have a hkid card and i have no idea what LinkedIn is. care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    What is the priority to leave Canada for a little while or to get a job? Would you go if you cannot do both?

Do you have a HKID card?

Did you try establishing a LinkedIn Profile and including all the industry 'key words' in your profile?

Quote Originally Posted by thisislondon:
    well i just quit my job. so i'm officially unemployed so... asia here i come!

no i don't have a hkid card and i have no idea what LinkedIn is. care to share?
    Google LinkedIn - it's a networking site for business people.

No HKID - No employment. That's why she asked. You need to score a well paid job that a local cannot do to get an ID card, or teach English (which required english teaching qualifications and experience, usually).

Perhaps you might do some research before getting on the plane. In the current environment, perhaps better to stay at home and get some work experience and come to Asia when there are some more jobs available.