just back to hk, accounting job problem....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up just back to hk, accounting job problem....

hi guys & girls, well, i just backed to HK from the US, and now i am looking for jobs, btw my major is accounting. Can anyone give me a guide? i have no idea how to start. I have applied the big 4 companies and i still have not heard from them in the past 2 weeks...kinda piss off now

i am a newbie here, nice to meet u guys!

Do you have a CPA first? Can you read and write Chinese and speak Cantonese?

Do you have any accounting experience in the US? Don't think of applying for the big 4 companies. Look for smaller companies too as well. Unless, you have impress them during the interview then its kind of hard to crack in. There are so many people who major accounting that have come back to HK to look for jobs. Do you have a PR card?

Well, Jane is working for Ernest Young if I heard correctly that is though.

If you have a CPA, you should be able to find an accounting job or if you have a CGA as well?

Which side of accounting are you in?

actually i don't have CPA, and i am HK citizen. i have to say right now, all i got is just a accounting degree, i did some part -time job in the US but all of them are not prefessional one.
    So i am really confused now...

Then just work in a small company then while studying and training for your CPA then. You can check out the CPA website for HK and see what they say. They might help you find a place to work.
    Go to this website http://www.hkicpa.org.hk/
    see what you can find then.

I would have thought that all of the multinational accounting companies in HK (which is what expats are likely to know about) would require a far higher standard of English than you have displayed here, so I think you'd be better off asking in a local forum such as IceRed.

that's a bit harsh ...

especially one's obviously going through a less than ideal patch. plus isnt this an INFORMAL forum?

PDLM : Jeez .. you're a dumbarse arent you ... entry level jobs do not require you to converse the queen and her sons.

Paulwq: Ignore him...

I don't think there's anything so bad about her english. I have read stuff from people working for one of the Big Five, and the standard is sub-par.

I guess the real question is, pussinboots, what makes you so special -- what makes you stand out from the hundreds of locals (fluent speakers of Cantonese and Mandarin, complete with local knowledge and contacts) who apply for jobs at the big firms?

Think about it, and then sell it.

You may have better luck starting at smaller local firms and then building your own network from there.

Good luck with your search.

>> You may have better luck starting at smaller local firms and then building your own network from there.

Amen.

It is not always about the brand, sometimes it is about how much you learn.

That's so true. Get your networking. Meet up with the people in here. You may not never know if one of the people you meet is either a manager or a boss or who ever.

I never knew that somebody actually works in Victoria Secret. Especially a man for that matter. He must be enjoying it though.

This site shouldn't never be like IceRed though. IceRed have some Snobs though. I read some of the posts there.

We should make this site better without the snobs though. This is supposed to be friendly site.

Anyway, I'm not always correct though but it does help if we all help out. Just like at LKF.

Me, Jane, John, and Jason stayed at Starbucks. Afterwards, we were helping out each other on how to take the bus. We got John to take the Mini but Jane talked to the driver in Cantonese and then explain to John.
    Jason showed Jane where the bus stop was.
    We were bunch of newbies though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast