Looking for a job in finance/insurance/engineering

Looking for a job in finance/insurance/engineering

Hi all,

I am looking for a junior position in finance/insurance/engineering as a Quant/Developer/IT/Risk with 0-2 years experience and open to other positions structuring/trading/middle/engineer.

I have experience in banking as a Desk Quant. I am a European and hold a Hong Kong working visa from my previous employer and can relocate anywhere. I have strong quantitative finance, science and programming skills.

If you have any advice (good headhunters, a connection, tips), please feel free to PM me. Currently the market is really bad and I cannot see any junior positions, so I try my luck here.

Thank you so much.
    Regards.

Good luck in this market. There are definitely some firms hiring as we are still doing both reference checks and exit interviews.

Not sure what you mean by having a work visa from a former employer. I thought it expires when a job ceases as it is linked to a specific job meaning that a new prospective employer will still be faced with your visa application.

Indeed - your Employment Visa is specific to the employer who sponsored. You may not work for anyone else unless/until you have applied to ImmD for a transfer of sponsorship and such application has been granted. Your new potential employer will need to provide the usual justification for why they cannot find a Permanent Resident for the position.

yes thank you for your advise, I am looking or a junior quant or develeoper, risk but I cannot see any position for junior 0-2 years since one year, they have only very fews jobs but for more experience only. And Its common in Hong Kong banks doing fake inteviews to collect information from competitors.I would be grateful if you can send me a private message if you have any tips or contacts I am really motivated to work hard and make a good job!

With my HK visa, I just need to transfer to a new sponsor of course but the process is much faster than the usual 6 weeks, ...