Western graphic design agencies

Western graphic design agencies

Hi,

Does anyone know of any graphic design agenies in HK other than Landor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lea:
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any graphic design agenies in HK other than Landor?

Thanks

lea
    there are a few, not too many, depends entirely on what discipline you're looking for (ci, bi, be, etc.)
    other than the few big foreign firms, local agencies generally can't offer you any serious international exposure, promotion opportunities and usually make you work 15 hours a day, 6 days a week...

why don't you want to come and work at landor...!
    i've been here for 4.5 yrs, i'm a ci designer, i travel a lot for presentations across asia and i'm looking forward to a decent long-term career with this company...!

Hi Dezined

Cool thanks for the response, the position is for my partner in fact not me! He is a senior graphic designer with art direction experience. I'm a designer and have been relocated over here (well as of Jan), he would love to work for Landor, having worked for Landor London. I was just seeing what else was out there in case Landor don’t have any positions! What are the holiday allowances / perks...?

Appreciate any info!

Thanks

Lea

hi lea

landor hk doesn't have the greatest list of perks, definitely different to the london office (i'm from the uk), but there is the point about only working 5 days (most local agencies have a 5.5 or 6 working day policy).

the pay's not great, but the opportunities that the name can bring is worth noting, i travel all round asia to present my work and that of the corporate identity team here and i'm only a senior.

another thing to remember is that local agencies, even those with intl. tie-ups sometimes struggle/can't be bothered with the visa process - this is something that landor organises without any problems, all the time.

we're really busy, so it would be worth sending in his cv, etc if he's interested. let me know, i can always talk to him first, tell him who to speak to here etc, be interesting to know what sort of work he does/did for landor in london.

d

Hi D,

Once again thank you! I'm a novice to this site, how can we swap numbers.....? It’ll be great for you guys to speak!

Lea

Click on the user's nick name and you'll see an option to send them a private message.

thanks 'knowitall'