Looking for media & advertising job in HK~ please help me!

Unhappy Looking for media & advertising job in HK~ please help me!

Hi,
    Im Lily.Im Malaysian and looking for media or advertising job in HK.

my previous work experience and educational background is I have acquired knowledge and skills in film and TV production, editing and directing from my education and previous working experiences.
    My roles projects at school work experiences have fine-tuned my film and TV capabilities as well as marketing skills. My strong technical abilities and interpersonal skills enable me to accomplish my assignments at work.
    I am multi-lingual in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay and Fukianese. I believe that my diverse cultural background will be huge plus in the Hong Kong.

i been staying in Hong Kong for past few months...and i been to some interviews and the results always very dissappointed n refused from them. i found out hard for me getting the jobs where i dun have my working visa here, which make me really dissappointed n down recently.

Anyone of you guys can help me giving me some information? what should i do for next?

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What is your experience in media and advertising?

Hi, Claire
    Im graduated in Mass Communication( major in Film & TV, Minor in Marketing). & Diploma of advertising, multimedia & broadcasting so i believes i have strong pratical and theorical techniques working in media & advertising.

Im been worked for Account Executive in a newspaper agency. My major roles and responsibilities included interact with international and local clients, discuss ads cases, and negotiate business deals. Schedule and planning ads programs with functional departments. In charge of daily business, communicate and negotiate ads cases with clients. Maintain and develop business relationship with the key clients.Monitor readership circulation in mid-east of Sabah through distributor and prepare reports to the executive management

Besides, i aslo have been join training program from 8TV, Malaysia (Dec 2004)
    Internship in 8TV (Malaysia TV Station) for Chinese entertainment program.
    8TV is one of the largest TV station in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It produces Malay, English and Chinese TV programs for target younger audiences.

I may less experiences in media agency are but Im really interested working in media & advertising company & having strong passion working in media & advertising area.

Are you totally set on HK?

Singapore might be worth a try as Star tv is based there as is MTV asia etc.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Look at Media Magazine or on the jobs' site: jobs.brandrepublic.com. Many agencies, media companies and recruitment agencies post there, although you'll see Hong Kong section is a bit thin but there are a few AE jobs. Also try ambition.com.hk which has sales and marketing jobs, sometimes in the media industry.

Good luck but obviously you realise it's not a great time now; advertising budgets are being slashed and so are the headcounts at industry-supporting companies.

To claire, thank you for your advices...i knew it's not good timing right now. But i wil try my best for fullfill my dream!

Jimbo, yes...temporary i staying in HK..try my best here! But i think Singapore is not a good option of me too!