Summer Job in Hong Kong for Mainland Student?

Closed Thread

Summer Job in Hong Kong for Mainland Student?

I'm trying to help a friend of mine who is an English and Business student in Guangzhou, to find a summer job in Hong Kong for six weeks.

He's 21, very smart, speaks and writes good English, Putonghua and Cantonese, and is keen to learn and try new things. He needs a helping hand to get started.

Any experience, paid, barely-paid, or unpaid, over the summer (July and August) - that would give him good experience, would be great. He could do a project or fill in for a while.

He will need sponsoring for a work visa.

Please let me know if you think you could help.

I believe that sponsoring a visa for a mainlander is COMPLETLY different than for virtually any other nationality. it is MUCH more difficult.

i do wish your friend luck, though.

To get a working visa, u need prove that ur company can't find any local to do that job.. Usually there is a salary requirement too... so i think it is almost impossible. What can an regular under do for 6 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenewby:
    I'm trying to help a friend of mine who is an English and Business student in Guangzhou, to find a summer job in Hong Kong for six weeks.

He's 21, very smart, speaks and writes good English, Putonghua and Cantonese, and is keen to learn and try new things. He needs a helping hand to get started.

Any experience, paid, barely-paid, or unpaid, over the summer (July and August) - that would give him good experience, would be great. He could do a project or fill in for a while.

He will need sponsoring for a work visa.

Please let me know if you think you could help.

I see - thanks for that information. Maybe it will be difficult, although apparently other people from the mainland have done it. I think what he is looking for is almost like work experience, so six weeks wouldn't be a problem. But I see the point about the visa conditions.
    Thanks for the advice anyway.

It's difficult enough for mainland students studying in hong kong to find a summer internship. I am afraid it will be quite impossible without connections.