International marcom companies

Closed Thread

International marcom companies

hi everyone!

i am currently working in the finance industry and have been trying to get out for quite some time now (if i don't get sacked first..). My last college degree was a master in marketing communication, and after working in finance for two years, i've decided that it's not for me.

can anyone please let me know what are some of the top marcom companies with offices in hk? preferbably international companies as my chinese is probably as good as a local 6 year old's..

as my first job out of college was in the wrong field, i am essentially starting my career over, from scratch. ideally, i would like to do marketing communication or branding. but wouldn't mind PR, advertising and event management either.

hints on where to start looking?

thanks for helping guys!

b.

All of the major network/holding companies are represented here in HK.

You can start your desktop research here
    Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR News and more - Media

Warning though this sector is facing major challenges due to the economics of the globe. That said, jobs are always available for quality people.

Good luck!

As I am sure you already know. You will also take a hefty pay cut going into marcomms from another industry - even with a MA.

Good luck though and I would love to hear how it all goes as I am in the same field (that you are trying to get into).