Question for any recruiters out there

Question for any recruiters out there

I've just graduated from university so I'm a bit new to the whole job-search process. Looking through jobs for fresh graduates on Career Times, scmp etc, I've notice some postings for big companies like Prudential and MassMutual that have very generic email addresses from yahoo or gmail as their contacts. The salary offers are very attractive, but the job descriptions aren't detailed. Is it common for recruiters to not use the official company email or should I be wary of these postings?

Thanks!

Best thing to do is to get your resume/CV and post it on job sites such as Monster DB etc. that way people get to contact you whilst you are searching as well.

The Sunday SCMP has a classified post which is quite good for job-hunting.

Be aware of the competition during these times though eh!

Quote Originally Posted by amberash:
    I've just graduated from university so I'm a bit new to the whole job-search process. Looking through jobs for fresh graduates on Career Times, scmp etc, I've notice some postings for big companies like Prudential and MassMutual that have very generic email addresses from yahoo or gmail as their contacts. The salary offers are very attractive, but the job descriptions aren't detailed. Is it common for recruiters to not use the official company email or should I be wary of these postings?

Thanks!
    Definitely beware of generic (non-company) email addresses. Legitimate recruitment agents will have a company email address for their recruitment firm. If jobs are posted directly by a company, a direct company contact should also be available. I think there are some other posts on here about what those types of jobs entail...essentially sales and the pay is nowhere as good as they advertise.

Agreed - these look like they might be for freelance agents for products sold by the big companies, not for employees of the companies themselves. Be very wary of email addresses not from the company concerned or a reputable agency (with a corresponding website).

It would be wise to avoid those advertisers. However, the insurance companies have been known to advertise for business development managers when in fact they are looking for insurance sales people.

these are usually cons to get you to work as sales for them.

e.g. prudential, AIA, AIG etc etc have loads of "financial planners", "marketing managers" etc etc. to get people to apply.

There are loads of job posts because they are from the different sales teams in the company. they will basically offer you a low basic salary with commission - this makes you try to sell products to friends etc etc.

so no... not something i would recommend.

Thanks a lot guys! It was pretty much what I suspected, but I just wanted to double-check with those in the know.