Passion

Closed Thread

Passion

I am a late teenager. I am still going to school and working as a part time employee. I went into different industry and still having difficuties in finding a passion on what I like to do... for living

How did you land your passion? I am sure that no one will land on their passion at first. Would you mind telling / sharing...

I was born serving people and got comment cards from guests & customers at the various jobs that I worked in. At last, should I do it till I die? I know its sound stupid.

Help!!

If you enjoy serving people and get a kick out of it, then why not do it until you die? There's no shame in have a job you enjoy doing.

If, however, it's not fulfilling enough for you, then you do need to carry on looking around and see what else is out there. It took me four years of full time work to find a job and an industry that excites me and there are plenty of people out there who work all their lives at a job that they don't have any passion for.

It takes luck to find what you are looking for. You might find it straight away, it may take years.

My jobs / careers:

working in gov't science reseach lab (thought it would be great, but a lot of repetitive work)
    civil servant (really boring but some nice people)
    computer manufacturing company - logistics side (very enjoyable and satisfying, promoted about 8 times in 10 years)
    academia.

But I am still lost. Working in a "Big" companies and small companies is still a pain in the *ss. I don't feel like being control by them. I have difficuilites in remembering stuff.

I like helping people.

I don't think you cant study that. Plus, can't really earn this by living.

Quote Originally Posted by apple&dog:
    I don't think you cant study that. Plus, can't really earn this by living.
    What helping people? Doctors, nurses, various other medical careers, counsellors, charity organisations, social workers, etc. I feel that my job (education) helps people realise their potential and I often have to give advice and support. It all depends on how you look at the job.