Auditor

Closed Thread

Auditor

hey guys;

sorry for my ignorance, but what do Auditors do in an Chartered Public Accountants firm? like their responsibilities to clients

thanks for the replies

Auditors work for firms of accountants and are employed by clients to provide a variety of accountancy services.

Primarily, the service offered is to provide the company with an independant opinion (which the company is legally obliged to obtain) on the state of affairs of the company's financial position and its reported financial results.

Other services include advising companies who invloved with takeovers of other companies or on ad hoc projects regarding improvements to the business.

All in all a very diverse career and very rewarding too.

If you are interested you would need to join a firm of accountants (try KPMG one of the worlds Big 4 firms) and start a training contract.

I hope this helps....

Auditors

Auditors are independent people who are hired by a company to go through their accounts and see all is above board - no unexplained income (money laundering) or giant expenses (unauthorized payments), etc. They also evaluate whether the company is in a financially sound position.

Auditors are required by law for limited companies and their work is in the form of "detective" work - they match previous years with current year to see there are no extraordinary differences, they check current year expenses, e.g. entertainment expenses, payment to directors, etc. to see such expenses are not exorbitant and that there are receipts to validate such expenses (where applicable)....the list goes on but I hope you get the gist!!

>> to see such expenses are not exorbitant

That was worth a good laugh ...