living here for 15 yrs on tourist visa leave every 6

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

living here for 15 yrs on tourist visa leave every 6

hi
    i have been living here for the last 15 years on a tourist visa (British) leaving before my visa expires and coming back. I would like to remain here but with a hong kong id card but dont think possible. Can anyone give any advice if there is any way of staying as feel this is my home now.
    cheers

Have you by any chance thought of going down to Immigration and talking to someone and explain your circumstances?

yes i took my old id card down about a year ago which ran out after 97 and the officer laughed at me and said it ws way too old. i Have the same rights as any other English tourist no matter how long been here. Just though there might be a miracle way to get id card

Have you had a job, paid tax, contributed to HK in anyway?

nope earn my money from renting houses in the uk and phillipines

Marry a local?
    Start a business and stay on a business via?
    Try to get a job that will sponsor a visa?
    Invest?

Immigration would probably tell you to go on your merry way. Took you 15 years to ask this question? I'm sure you've been here long enough to know that there are few loopholes apart from the obvious mentioned.

Talk to an immigration lawyer about it. After 15 years this visit is probably long overdue. I would recommend Julian Stargardt, whose based in Central. I can PM you his details if you like.

hi guys
    yes i know its taken a long time and obviously i have looked into staying before but i dont seem to meet the criteria as to invest is out of my price range, not sure about the business way and would appreciate julians number as really wanna get legal

As you don't need a job, marrying a local would seem to be your only course of action.

would get a job if ment could stay have been offerd loads of teaching jobs but have no degree only tefl and only teaching experience from 95 to 97 that i can actually use if you know what i mean

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast