Finance-related work

Closed Thread

Finance-related work

G'day all,

This is my first post on the forum, although I've explored it from A-Z and I really appreciate the material that's discussed on here.

I'm a HK born, Eurasian, and have been living in Australia since age 5.
    (HK ID card holder)

Have a Finance undergraduate degree, 20 months work experience in the Financial Services industry out here in Australia, and am about a third of the way into a Master's Degree in Applied Finance.
    Am now 22, and strongly considering a move back to HK to further my skills and establish myself in the industry...
    Also speak a bit of Canto (but can't read or write)...

I'm well aware of the pressures and the fast-paced nature of working in Finance in HK - I was lucky enough to do a month's internship there when I was completing my undergrad studies.

With a couple of year's work experience under my belt, I'm beginning to feel that a move back 'home' is something I'd love to take-on and enjoy. For me, HK is not a place I'd like to raise a family, so at this age I feel it may well just be the right time for me...

The reason for this post is really to enquire about the current job market in HK -
    1) Given the global economic downturn, are things slowly picking up or is it still very bleak ??
    2) What are the chances/opportunities for someone with my background/situation to find something suitable right now ?

Forums are also for networking, so if anyone could even point me in the right direction or even know about an particular job opportunity then I'd be very appreciative.. most jobs are found by word-of-mouth nowadays, right?
    I am looking forward to all feedback -- the more the better...

Thanks guys.

Hi,

I'm really hoing to get an internship in hong kong after i finish my degree, how did you get your intership and could you guide me in the direction of companies that offer these??

Many Thanks and i hope you managed to find a job through this site!