I am a British Passport Holder with Permanent HKID and have recently acquired an APEC Card.

I spend a lot of time in China to the extent I rent a small flat here.

Legally, as an APEC Card holder doing business in China, am I required to get a Z-Visa (working visa) - or any China visa for that matter? As it happens, I currently have a 3 year tourist visa that doesn't expire for some time.

Any knowledgeable advice would be much appreciated. Last thing I want to do is pay a "visa consultant" for something that will take 2 mins...

Many thanks.