london

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

aaahh..old street!!..loved the trendy bars/clubs with all them trendy geezers!..i want to be there now!!

How things change... when I lived in London Old Street was where my boss took me for Friday afternoon drinking sessions in the stripper pubs...

Are Browns and the Lord Nelson still there?

east london used to be considered grim and dodgy but they have started making that area more appealing..my mate was suggested by his agent to buy a flat in east london rather than central london because the properties in the east side will be selling like hot cakes in the future...lots of proper planning going on at the moment..yeah, i definitely prefer east london!

those pubs are still there, btw!

It depends what you class as East London. Newham and places round there are grim and I can't see them getting any better this side of the Olympics.

I used to live in Fulham and Putney which was a great place to live but the commute to the City is a shag. It depends where they are going to be working.

If West End I would probably go for an SW post code.

If the city, then Blackheath, Clapham, Balham are better.

Havign just moved to HK, I would say London is definietly a bit more expensive in terms of day to day but there are pluses and minuses for both. Not much to choose.

You definatley need to google London and get some idea before you get there Re your Zone 1 Question

Think of london in concentric circles, Zone 1 is the heart with Oxford Street, Picadilly Circus, Covent Garden etc thats Zone 1, a bit further out in Zone 2 with Fulham, Hammersmith etc and so on. You buy your tube pass based on which zones you travel in.

thanx for all ur inputs and for explaning the zone bit!!!as far as i know their office is in zone 1 so maybe staying around will be a good idea?any sugg????????????what ab notting hill??????

btw, how long does it take to get an HSMP????????and work perm for the girl who's a dependent????/

any idea what the rents are like in hampstead/shephards bush/notting hill etc..

hampstead is expensive, but very nice - not sure how long it takes to get into the centre
    notting hill is nice, but also quite expensive
    shepherds bush, don't really know but my impression is probably cheaper but not so nice.

If you can get something in your budget in Notting Hill and Hampstead then they are nice places to live. Also worth considering West Hampstead which is a bit cheaper and is fairly green and near to bars.

Wherever you live in London you need to go and look at the area and make sure you are comfortable there as safety is an issue and nice areas can be close to not so nice areas.