Looking for work as an English tutor

Looking for work as an English tutor

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to go about getting English tutor work/advertising myself as an English tutor in Hong Kong?

I am a UK born 23 year old recent graduate from a top UK university (2:1) and I am currently teaching English to children in a Hong Kong school.

Any advice on where to look for work would be appreciated

thanks

Jon

I assume the school you work at has sponsored your visa? In which case you are only allowed to work for that employer I understand. That is unless I've mis-interpreted your situation and have you have the right to work in HK without a visa.

put your name up on the boards at ParknShop/Welcome, and get to know your students' parents for referrals to their friends (since it's likely your school frowns on tutoring students from your workplace)

yes it is illegal if your on an employment visa, but let's face it, many, many teachers do it.

looking for a english tutor !

Dear

I saw on the website geoexpat you were looking for some english teaching to give, that is perfect fit for me because I am looking for a native english speaker to help me to practise my oral english a little bit wich I can speak as intermediate (berlitz grade & friends feedback)

however I miss english speaking a lot and need to practise it once a week for 1 or 2 hours with native but I have not job yet and stay flexible with my time !!

If you are interested let me know !!

here my cell ; 5182 1850