IT Professional considering move to HK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

gibong

Do you need sponsorship firstly?

If yes then you're going to struggle big time to get somebody on what would appear to immigration to be a trainee/junior role and if the company is offering you less than 20k a month then you're going to get nowhere, And at that level salarywise companies will expect you to hit the ground running in the first place.

If you have mcp's etc then you'll be fine and shouldn't have any issues in getting employment. try hays and manpower in hk for I.T roles the consultants should give you some very good advice and feedback etc.

send me your c.v to my e-mail address which is listed on my profile and I'll give you an honest opinion and pass on my hk consultants contact details to you.

if, i have php, MySQL, CSS, Javascript, ASP skills, do u think it is enough for that ? cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rach17:
    if, i have php, MySQL, CSS, Javascript, ASP skills, do u think it is enough for that ? cheers.
    to be honest probably not as those skills are readily available from HK Locals who will not require sponsorship.

If you can get some experience in SAP/Reuters/Bloomberg or any financial software systems and the worlds your oyster and you'll get far.

Try and get some Cantonese lessons too as theres a company called principle one thats based in HK thats always looking for people with your skills/experience.

Hi all,

I have some of those experience. I am a Java developer with about 7 yrs working in major I banks. The system am working on is a Eq Derivatives system, front office.

In terms of local package, how much money can i ask for?

thanks in advance.

if they want u, alot. if not, then little

yes.. they need me because I will be the only one in HK that have done developement for this system. From my research, i come up with 50K HKD per month, but the data that I was working with is from 2004, might be out dated, since the current job market in HK is hotter. can some I bank techie out there confirm this for me?

thanks,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4