Sponsorship

Closed Thread

Sponsorship

What is involved in sponsoring a person to get a work visa?

I have applied for a few jobs but they all turn stone cold when they find out I need sponsorship. Does the company need to prove a high turnover or pay a packet for the visa?

The jobs are all for Native English speakers so they should have no problem saying no local could be found.

Or is the reason simply that there are so many Natives with PR that they can't be bothered sorting out a visa? Should I be offering to look after all the paperwork I wonder.

Looking for gut feelings on the subject.

Hottie

it can be a hassle

The company has to divulge a lot of info in order to sponsor you. In getting my sponsorship, they had to submit their bank statements and payroll records to prove they were a legit. company (it was a language school), and detailed job description, proof of advertising for the position, reason why they cant fill position with a local, yadda yadda yadda...and you most likely should do all the paperwork that you can on your own (unless you were recruited, which it doesn't sound like you were...)

Bottom line is just persevere, it'll happen eventually if you're the right fit...good luck!