Wage/pay slip advice!

Wage/pay slip advice!

Hi,

Are employers Hong Kong required by law to provide a wage/pay slip to employees?
    I asked my boss when we would receive our wage/pay slips and she told me that they don't do wage/pay slips!
    Coming from the UK I found this quite strange but I know the tax system is different to the one in the UK so I just thought I'd find out.
    I have searched google but can't seem to find any info.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I would have expected so too (and both multinationals that I worked for here did so), but on a quick look at the Labour Dept's website I can't see any such requirement. The employer is required to keep appropriate records, and the employee is advised to do likewise.

They are required to give you a copy of the filing they make regarding your employment to the Tax Office at the end of the tax year, according to the IRD website.

Hmmmm is she paying your MPF as well?

wage slips not a requirement. last 2 companies didnt give any.

The company I work for doesn't give out paper pay slips but we can print them out ourselves from the company intranet if we need to.

are you getting paid cash?!?! cos thats a sign of something dodgy...

i dont get a pay slip, but it gets transferred to my bank account and higlighted as Salary which i show banks or whoever when i need to show a wage slip.