Chance to get a job in HK as an executive assistant?

Chance to get a job in HK as an executive assistant?

What are my girlfriend chance to get a job in HK?

She is 29, 7 year work experience, executive assistant in Bank & financial sector. She don't speak either mandarin nor cantonese. She doesn't have a visa (under tourist visa). She has reference letters.

The underlying question is: How much her chance are raising if she get a dependant visa (i.e if we get married) ? Is it significant (getting married worth it for her)?

I know it's hard to answer but i need to prepare myself and to decide if we get married before moving to HK (i don't specially want to).

She will have an infinitely better chance of getting a job if she is on a dependant visa. It may be hard for the HR team to show that she is taking on a job that a local cannot do, to obtain a work visa in her own right.

Any chance of her transferring with her current company to Hong Kong? Then there is a better argument for knowing the systems, legal requirements of your home country, etc, when applying for a work visa.

I personally know of two PA's who were recommended for jobs at quite good companies, but were unable to take the jobs because they did not have visas.

If your girlfriend (soon to be wife?) is qualified enough, she will get a job eventually (and not having to get a visa makes this alot more realistic) - it is probably partially about contacts and networking though, ensuring she is towards the top of the list or at the head of the queue for any PA jobs.

OK thanks, it is a bit sad to get married for the dependant visa but it would make our life easier once we will live in HK.

i have never seen a non-local PA in a bank in HK (at max a mainland person perhaps)