Visa and HeadHunters

Closed Thread

Visa and HeadHunters

I'm interested in finding work in HK. My wife was born in HK but is now a US citizen. Does that give me any added benifits in working in HK in regards to a immigration/visa? If so, can anyone recommend recruitment agencies or Head hunters? I work as a Network Administrator/IT manager. Thanks in advance for any info. you can lend!

Does your wife have right of abode in Hong Kong? If so then you could get a Dependant Visa with her as your sponsor and this would enable you to live and work freely in HK without any further paperwork.

For IT stuff, assuming you can't speak Cantonese, then it helps if you have some specific skills / certification / experience. Generic IT people are pretty easy to find here.

Thanks for you comments, PDLM. You assume correctly. I do not speak Cantonese. I don't have any major certifications but have 15 years of IT experience. In addition, I was interim Technology Director for a year at my current place of employment. I have been working for School Districts for the last 8 years so I have been looking at some HK international schools since I feel I would be a good fit there.