How to....jobs in Museum/gallery/Art Dealership/Auction House

Closed Thread

Thumbs up How to....jobs in Museum/gallery/Art Dealership/Auction House

[B]Hi Everyone. Boy! am I glad to find this site!

I would like to work for Museum, Art gallery, Art dealerships, Auction houses in HK. I tried a couple of job sites, but no luck finding jobs in the area I am interested in. Do you know where to look into in order to find jobs in the art world? Would anyone be kind to inform me with openings amongst museums/ galleries or art dealers/auction houses in HK?

I am MA graduate in fine and decorative art (london based school). Cheers to you all.

Last edited by Boh; 19-10-2005 at 02:08 AM.

Hello, there is a free giveaway in English called HK Magazine, I do not know if they have a website. They list art jobs as well as many others. I know Agnes B gallery a public artspace is looking for a new director. They must be highly qualified in contemporary art and speak Canto an English. G.luck

Thank you so much for the valuable info.

Thank you for the information. I tried to look up HK magazine and agnes b gallery on-line site, but I guess they do not run websites. Do you know, by chance, the adress of the gallery? I would love to make a career in the art world in HK, so any information regarding art jobs opening in HK would be most greatly appreciated. Thank you again and Have a nice one!

Hi Boh
    HK Magazine is published by AsiaCity. I suggest you call them at 28505065 and i believe they can direct you to where is the nearest point to collect the HK Magazine.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungerock:
    Hi Boh
    HK Magazine is published by AsiaCity. I suggest you call them at 28505065 and i believe they can direct you to where is the nearest point to collect the HK Magazine.
    Good luck.
    Usually Pacific Coffee and Starbucks have the HK Magazine.

hi, I've recently arrived to hk and just graduated from Saint Martins. I think there is no much going on here, but may be you are interested in meeting someone with same interests ????

That is a good way to start

but, I am currently living in UK, will probably visit HK in Dec or Jan. I find it difficult to meet people with same interest on line. Would you be kind to let us know a circle of similar interest in Art per se when you come across one? Thank you.

I know some London/HK based artist that has invited me to his opening next week, i'll let you know more then!

Hi Boh and everyone
    I know this was posted a while ago. I am a graphic designer studied in UK and worked a few years. I am now back in HK in a similar situation. I would like to get into the Art Gallery / Museum /Art dealing field. How are you getting on? Or can anyone help other than whats mentioned.... cheers!