Hi there, I am relocating to HK in a few months and wanted to get a pulse check on the HK job market (insurance in particular).
* I am an overseas born and raised Chinese.
* I can speak enough Cantonese to get by and have a basic level of reading.
* My Mandarin is also very basic.
* I have 4.5 years commerical pricing experience in insurance which involves managing the P&L for a large motor insurance book. I also have underwriting experience.
* I have MSc in info management and BA in accounting (no professional qualifcations).
* In total I have 6 years post university work experience.
* I have a HK ID card.
Just wanted to get an idea on the average length of time it will take for me to find a job and whether there are any companies out there who would employ someone under my circumstances.
I have been applying for HK jobs from overseas but no luck. Is this a sign of things to come or are employers simply not looking for people who apply from abroad.