looking for a job in advertising

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for a job in advertising

hello all,

i just moved here from vancouver last week and i'm looking for a job at an advertising agency. i have experience in account coordinating, media planning and buying. just wondering if anyone knows if any of them are hiring or which job boards i can visit to find employment opportunities in that industry or even just an internship.

also, just curious if interviews are conducted in english or chinese?

thanks!

Last edited by lady.luxe; 14-12-2009 at 07:28 AM.

The first question as always - do you have the right to live and work in HK?

Hello and welcome. I'm from Vancouver as well, well Richmond. Try monster website or www.jobsdb.com. Good luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    The first question as always - do you have the right to live and work in HK?
    hi load toad! i'm currently applying for my hong kong identification card since my parents were born here...just waiting for the approval, which i heard takes 4-6 weeks, but i have all the necessary documents so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Hello and welcome. I'm from Vancouver as well, well Richmond. Try monster website or www.jobsdb.com. Good luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    hey bryan! nice to meet another vancouverite. how long have u been here for now?

If you can speak canto and have the relevant experience, the 4As might be worth looking at. Else... take a look at the few dozen top tier expat agencies that service the expat SME market.

try Brandrepublic- Jobs in Asia - they focus on media/ advertising/ marketing type jobs

also recruit.net Jobs In Hong Kong. Job search starts here | Recruit.net Hong Kong

a google of "hong kong jobs" will get you a long list of sites- but I find the ones above have been relatively active/ diverse

Last edited by saun-fam; 15-12-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If you can speak canto and have the relevant experience, the 4As might be worth looking at. Else... take a look at the few dozen top tier expat agencies that service the expat SME market.
    i can actually speak decent canto and have about 2 years of agency experience. which are the 4 As? i'm still currently trying to convert my resume into a "cv"...any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by saun-fam:
    try Brandrepublic- Jobs in Asia - they focus on media/ advertising/ marketing type jobs

also recruit.net Jobs In Hong Kong. Job search starts here | Recruit.net Hong Kong

a google of "hong kong jobs" will get you a long list of sites- but I find the ones above have been relatively active/ diverse
    thanks a bunch saun-fam! i will definitely give these a try.

Quote Originally Posted by lady.luxe:
    i can actually speak decent canto and have about 2 years of agency experience. which are the 4 As? i'm still currently trying to convert my resume into a "cv"...any tips?
    I think 4a's refer to the ogilvys, saatchis etc
    be interested in why they called 4a?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast