Salary for VP level in Investment Bank - IT Space

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Salary for VP level in Investment Bank - IT Space

What is the average range of base salary for a VP level in the IT space of an Investment back in Hong Kong. The company is not going to be provide housing.

Also, I understand there would also be a bonus componenet; what range does this usually fall for the same level in an average year.

what type of IB? The GS/MS type or the IB branch of a retail bank like BNP or else?

Really depends what role it is in IT e.g. Infra, support or development ad whether it is for front office or back office applications.

Range would be from HKD650-850k pa. Bonus structures are changing significantly so difficult to comment but no more than 20-30% of the above base.

i would think that a proper VP in a proper IB (say Citi) would be closer to 1m.

however really depends exactly on the role (front, middle, back office) and bank (local, foreign, bulge bracket, etc.)

get a copy of the salary report from recruitment agency like ambition or morgan mickinley etc. u will have an idea.
    or try to be more specific in ur question.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    i would think that a proper VP in a proper IB (say Citi) would be closer to 1m.

however really depends exactly on the role (front, middle, back office) and bank (local, foreign, bulge bracket, etc.)
    well city is now a Proper IB ;-) tell that to that old lady asking everyday for her minibond money in Central ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    well city is now a Proper IB
    haha..but it should be "Citi" not "City" right? it's like you are saying "HSBC is an IB"

sorry i meant by proper IB = bulge bracket. citi is like tier 1 of non-bulge bracket. BNP or HSBC (in HK) is like tier 2 for IB in my view

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    So which one pays more... front/middle or back office jobs?

Why do you guys think HSBC is not an Investment Bank? Or do you mean "just" an investment bank? They certainly do the same kinds of stuff as other IB'ers in the infrastructure projects that I've seen - maybe less of the arranging and more of the participating, and never seen them advising but they were pretty active in Australia a few years back when assets were changing hand every week.....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast