Getting acquainted in Hong Kong, tips?

Thumbs up Getting acquainted in Hong Kong, tips?

Hi Everybody,

I'm very happy to have found this forum. My name is Steven, 27, and preparing to move to HK within 12 months. I'm bringing my wife Pauline. We have no kids.

The whole visa/tax/housing situation, we can handle and find out ourselves I hope, but the challenge lies here:

We have no contacts in Hong Kong. So, we will be travelling to HK for three weeks in March '06 to get acquainted with the city, the job market/business opportunities and to get a familiar with everything else.

Three weeks is short I know, nut we'll be returning shortly after that for a longer period.

As I want to get the most out of our stay in March, I was hoping that some of you could help me get in to contact with some people in HK.

Currently, I'm the vice president of a large communications agency in south of The Netherlands. We advise in corporate market strategy, marketing, communications, PR and media planning. Large national and international customers as well as smaller companies use our services.

But time has come to move on in life, and Hong Kong has been a dream for years.

I speak English, German and of course Dutch fluently, my French is a bit rusty, but mostly fine after a few days of speaking it. I studied International Business Management at the University of Maastricht. I've been working in corporate strategy and finance for 5 years now.

Anybody we can have a drink with in March?

Sincerely,

Steven

Steven

Welcome to the boards, Theres usually something going on all the time on a social basis out here.

I'd definately have a drink with you and if you need a tour guide then feel free to ask.

VP at the age of 27 huh? Wow I'm impressed.

If you don't mind, I would like to have a drink with you and your wife too.

March? We hardly have a clue what next week holds for us. Best you look at the site a week or two before your trip in HK.

Hi Steven,
    March next year? Sounds good. I have not made any plan for March, yet.