jobs for teens in hong kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool jobs for teens in hong kong?

Hey

Im 16 and been living in Hong Kong for a few years now. Im just curious if anyone around this age was able to pick up a job in Hong Kong, or if anyone has kids around that age that have been able to get work.

Any help would be great

Thanks

We've usually done well with interns from the intl schools. From what I hear.. many of the students do summer work / gap year work with friends / family companies.

unless there is any financial reason, why would u wanna get a job at teenage? pls go out for something fun!!!

joljon... almost everyone i knew growing up had a job during high school. it's the norm in many western countries. it can be difficult to juggle work and study, but it is great for learning what the real world is like... something school just can't teach.

i had not received one single penny from my parent since high school as this is how we are being trained up. but if clock can turn back, i would rather spend the time on other area where we can experience life like volunteering work or even just backpacking.
    is it good to know the reality or the cruelties of the world at teenage? i dunno, but at least this is not necessary.
    we dun need to be teach at school what the real world is like, right? we got it once we step out of the school.

so, when you were in high school and you didn't get any money from your parents? did you never go out with friends? if so, how did you pay for it?

yes, it is a GREAT thing for teenagers to learn responsibility. it is a necessary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    if so, how did you pay for it?
    work and scholarship. i never said i didnt work.
    working is not the only mean to learn about responsibility.

personally, i think too many kids today have this idea of entitlement. many (by no means all) seem to think that everything should just be given to them because for some unknown reason, they "deserve" it.

many have no idea what hard work is.

(again, this is by no means every child, just some)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ:
    Hey

Im 16 and been living in Hong Kong for a few years now. Im just curious if anyone around this age was able to pick up a job in Hong Kong, or if anyone has kids around that age that have been able to get work.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    We have a dog walker from HKIS who is 16. Maybe you can try that?

I only really want a job so I can have some extra cash. I get an allowance every month, but thats just enough for octopus, my phone bill, and school lunch. I just want some extra money so I dont have to leech off friends when were out, or go without lunch for a few days to save up haha. If I was back in Australia I would just be working at a supermarket or Maccas, but work like that in Hong Kong is very hard to find for someone that cant speak much, let alone any, canto, and cant work full time.

I agree with carang. Teens that do get jobs are able to become much more responsible in many aspects, and I also think its true that many (not all) kids do just get money and things handed to them. Unfortunately thats not me. And yeah, some don't know what hard work is. So a job is good for someone around my age, so they start to get a taste of life early on, and have a little more experience when they start more serious jobs.

Thanks for the dog walking idea, do you have any more information about it? or a website I can google?

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast