[Help] Market average salary for an 10-year IT Application Support professional

Closed Thread

[Help] Market average salary for an 10-year IT Application Support professional

Hi all,

I am offered an IT Application Support role in a bank in Hong Kong. I would like to know what I should ask for the monthly salary. I am in IT Application Support field for 10 years and have financial knowledge.

I have a bottom line in mind. But I also would like to know from the forum what amount you will ask for and/or what amount should be expected.

Thanks a lot.

Apart from English, do you speak mandarin or cantonese?

I speak Mandarin. I will learn to speak Cantonese.

This will affect the salary package??

Anyone can comment/advise?

It's difficult to answer as the renumeration would be completely dependent upon the application field.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanghz:
    Hi all,

I am offered an IT Application Support role in a bank in Hong Kong. I would like to know what I should ask for the monthly salary. I am in IT Application Support field for 10 years and have financial knowledge.

I have a bottom line in mind. But I also would like to know from the forum what amount you will ask for and/or what amount should be expected.

Thanks a lot.
    Need more info. What grade level? Which business area? Front office or Back? Which bank (local vs. intl, top-tier vs. 2nd/3rd tier)?

Salaries tend to vary greatly in HK, even within the same industry for similar roles, even within the same bank (!) depending on a lot of factors...
    Last edited by lionrock88; 13-01-2010 at 01:07 PM.

I see. The role covers a broard range of applications to support. Based on the information I got from the interviews, there are both FO and MO applications, and the JD mentions BO too. I was told, and I believe, that it will be a very challenging role (I need one). The role is not a leader role.

I do not have further information yet, nor on the internal ranking/grading in the bank. It is an international bank, may not be top-tier, but performing well.

Can a range be derived from this limited set of information?

Thanks.

My salary expectation on the limited amount of information you have disclosed would be 25-40k.

I have been in HK for a couple of weeks if the people you are working with converse in Cantonese then its important to build on your language skills. I discovered it is the same for me, it is important for me to learn Mandarin.