Job Interview etiquette...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia:
    If they give you their business cards, very likely you'll get the job.
    not true. people give out business cards ALL the time.

I couldn't agree with you more, my brother went for an interview and the interviewer gave her business card to my brother but he did not even get the job. I think in this situation a business card acts as a 'may be' scenario for the interviewee for getting the job. What u say?

Good and Bad

I have had several job interviews in Hong Kong. Some were very bad and the person had no idea how to conduct an interview or for that matter, what kinds of questions to ask. I have also had some very professional interviews. It just depends....Make sure you know the rules about business cards here in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    not true. people give out business cards ALL the time.
    and I thought I was special...

What's the "business cards" rule in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by ppalmer:
    I have had several job interviews in Hong Kong. Some were very bad and the person had no idea how to conduct an interview or for that matter, what kinds of questions to ask. I have also had some very professional interviews. It just depends....Make sure you know the rules about business cards here in HK.

Just that if you meet someone in the course of business you should hand your own card over with two hands, one on each side of the card, with the card facing the other person. Accepting a card is done with two hands too.
    You could also bow a little but don't over do it we're not Japanese.

Last edited by discobay; 27-04-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Don't tell your interviewer you want to sleep with his wife and then fall of your chair.