Like Tree2Likes

Job Opportunities - Physiotherapist

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Physio Positions for Native Spanish speakers

Could anyone please tell me if they know of any oppurtunities for Spanish speaking Physio's in Hong Kong. I know this an unusual request ?
    In general is there enough work out there for Physio's ?
    Thank you

can I ask how much does the visa usual cost to get and where does one start to get the forms to apply to be a registered physio in HK ?
    Cheers
    Greg

My fiance and I are planning to work in Hong Kong. We are now in Australia, but I have HKID, so I think I can easily help him to get a HKID after we married each other. We called the board in HK yesterday, the girl told me since he didn't have any working experience in HK, he could only register for P2 instead of P1 unless he got 2 years working experience in HK.

He has 4 years working experience in Australia now, we are wondering if there are main differences between P1 & P2 physiotherapist in regarding to salary & job nature. He is renting a room in a private practice in Australia at this moment, he doesn't want to work under someone, do u think it is possible to get a job for him. He can't speak Cantonese at all, not sure if it will be hard for him, is there a big demand for english speaking physiotherapist in Hong Kong??

Thanks for that.

Stacy

There are heaps of expats doing sports here and plenty of sports injuries (all my hiking friend, and hubby right now have injuries at some point or another) and none of them speak canto. So from a pure "market" perspective I'd say yes there is a market here for expat physio's. What he's allowed to do, on the other hand, no clue. And I guess he's need to be registered with the insurance providers too so that expat insurers would send ppl to him.

There are several private PT practices here with English speakers so that shouldn't be a problem. I think PT 1 and 2 relate to the master pay scale which is paid to government PTs. I assume all employers use this as a bench mark. I will need to dig out some more info for you with details.

I'm quite surprise people still look at this thread.

I've been working in HK now for 1 year (originally from Australia)

Stace,
    The main difference between P1 and P2 is that P2 you need to work under supervision, and P1 you don't. I'm not sure if the regulations have changed. But as long as you can proof at least one year of working experience anywhere, not specifically HK, you can register as P1. There was a few letters that i needed to produce during my registration, and the process is a PAIN in the butt! I needed a "letter of good standing" from the university and a letter from my employer (it can't be your direct line manager, it has to be the director or head of department). I don't know what you have to do given that he has been working for himself.

The registration process took me about 3 months.

With regards to looking for a job - basically as previously recommended, google Physio Clinics in HK, majority of the clinics in the Central regions service expat clients and no cantonese is required. It's a matter of luck and meeting the right people

send me an email and i can give you some contacts for potential jobs - [email protected]

Thanks Kenny,

I sent you the email seperately!